In this article, we will discuss know about the chief whip and their functions also we will discuss the different type of whips issued by the chief whip.
Who is chief whip?
- Chief Whip is the floor manager of the party.
- Inform MPs of their party about the session of parliament.
- Informs MPs when bills are taken out of the discussion.
- On which bill the MPs of their respective party will have to vote.
- Every party has Cheif Whips in Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha.
- They manage the MPs of their party and send directives to their MPs.
Why the people who raised the voice against the nation are not behind the bars?? Click Here to know and understand SEDITION LAW.
Types of Whips issued by Chief Whip
There are 3 types of Whips issued by cheif whip
- 1-line whip: These whips send directives to MPs to present in Lok Sabha.
- 2-line whip: This whip tells that a particular bill will be taken and your participation is required.
- 3-line whip: It tells on which day Lok sabha is convened.
- 3-line whip:Tells which bill or resolution is taken up for voting
- 3-line whip: Tells whether you have to vote in favor or against the bill/resolution.
If anyone will violate this 3rd line(last point) whip they can come under ADL (Anti-Defection Law)and can be disqualified.
- Click Here for a complete understanding of the cadre allocation policy of IAS or IPS.
- It was added to our constitution in 1985 under the 10th schedule of the Indian Constitution.
- It states that if any MP/MLA/MLC joins another political party or he/she violates 3-line whip, they will be disqualified under ADL.
Hope it helps
If you find this article useful, do UPVOTE and share it with your friends & Comment down which one you are aiming for?