In this article, we will discuss the key points of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization(SCO) that are relevant for the UPSC CSE IAS/IPS/IFS exam.
About Shanghai Cooperation Organization SCO.
- The creation of SCO was announced in 2001.
- Its charter was signed in 2002 and entered into force in 2003.
- The official Languages of SCO are Russian and Chinese.
- The headquarter of SCO is present in Beijing, China.
- Its members are India, Russia, Kazakhstan Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, China, Pakistan.
- The charter of SCO consists of fundamental documents of SCO, its outline goal, principles, and structure, etc.
- India and Pakistan were not originally full members of SCO but made full members in 2017.
- Click Here for a complete understanding of the cadre allocation policy of IAS or IPS.
Goals of SCO
- To promote cooperation in politics,trade,economy,education etc.
- To make a joint effort for peace, stability, and security.
- To establish democratic and fair international,political economic order.
What is HSC
- It stands for Head of State council.
- It is the supreme decision-making body in SCO.
Observer states of SCO
Hope it helps
If you find this article useful, do UPVOTE and share it with your friends & Comment down the Articles you are aiming for?