Prime Minister Narendra Modi has taken part in the G7 summit which was hosted by France. In this context, we will discuss G7 and a few important discussions that came out from this summit.
About G7 summit
- The G7 is an informal intergovernmental organization consisting of seven of the world's most industrialized and developed economies.
- The seven members of the group are the following: France, Italy, Japan, Germany, Canada, United States, United Kingdom.
- The political leaders of these countries come together annually to discuss important global economic, political, social and security issues.
- The G7 does not have any formal constitution or fixed Headquarters. The G7 summit is hosted by member countries on a rotational basis.
- The Current G7 summit (45th G7 summit) being held in France and the next summit will be in the United States in 2020.
How India has participated this year in G7
- The host nation can invite other Nations who are not part of G7 based on their strategy and policies of the host nation.
- This year France has invited Australia, India, Egypt, South-Africa, and some other African countries.
History of G7
- In 1973 the US invited the top 4(United Kingdom, France, West Germany along with itself) economies (G4)to discuss the global economy and the oil crisis.
- In 1975 Italy and Japan were included and in 1976 Canda was also included to make G7.
- Russia Join this group in 1997 to make it G8.
- In 2014, Russia was expelled by western countries due to the increase in their tension with Russia to revert it again to G7.
The Important topics discussed in G7 this year
- President of France Emmanuel Macron discuss Amazon wildfires and he described this as an international crisis. He also said that our house is burning as the Amazon forest produces 20% of the world's oxygen.G7 countries also made $20 million to brazil for this, however, brazil rejected the offer.
- President Donald Trump said that India and Pakistan can handle the Kashmir dispute on their own. This is another big diplomatic win for India on Kashmir.
- PM Modi informed President Donald Trump that India plans to further step up imports, including oil from the US.
- Important: CLICK HERE to know G7 leader's Declarations.
Hope it helps.
If you find this article useful, do UPVOTE and share it with your friends and comment down the topic which you are aiming for.