PRESENT CONTEXT: HEALTH MINISTER PLANS TO PROVIDE ROTAVIRUS VACCINE TO EVERY CHILD OF THE COUNTRY.
- Rotavirus is the most common cause of Diarrhoea among children who are less than 5 years of age.
- Diarrhoea is one of the main causes of high rates of Infant Mortality Rate.
- It is estimated that rotavirus causes 8,72,000 hospitalization and approx. 78,000 death annually in India.
About ROTAVIRUS VACCINE
- Indian Health ministry introduced the ROTAVIRUS Vaccine in 2016 to deal with diarrhoea among the infants.
- But this Vaccine was introduced in a phased manner. So till now only a few states and union territories have been covered under this vaccination program.
- It has been decided that by September 2019 all states and Union territories will be covered and every child will get the benefit of this vaccine.
Other steps by the government to prevent Diarrohea along with vaccination
- Health ministry will promote sanitation and Hygiene.
- It will promote the importance of Hand Washing.
- It will encourage the use of ORS and Zinc supplementation.
It is very challenging to a large country like India having 28 states and 9 union territories to accomplish such a huge mission in such a less interval of time.
Hope it helps
If you find this article useful, do UPVOTE and share it with your friends & Comment down the Articles you are aiming for?